5.04.2007

Dirka Dirka Dirka



Not sure if you watched the Mavericks v. Warriors game last night. I was unable to watch the first half and got home in time to see the start of the 3rd quarter. I was so excited to watch this game and GS's fans. I half expected the score to be 56-34 Warriors but instead it was a two point game, 50-48. I was a little worried because I thought Dallas might start to turn on their "playoff gear". Backed up to elimination, Dirk was going to change personalities. Truly, I still thought Dallas would pull this out. I was hopeful they wouldn't be come on, right?

Then with 9:11 left to play, Stephen Jackson buries back-to-back threes forcing Avery Johnson to use a timeout with his team down 8. Still I thought Dallas would fight back with something, and Josh Howard hits a three and I know its on know. But then Jackson come down a buries back to back threes AGAIN! Seriously, at one point he was 7-7. Finally after Baron Davis makes a layup to go up 14, he drives the lane again and Austin Croshere fouls him hard. Honestly, why hadn't anyone fouled him hard earlier? And more importantly, why is AUSTIN CROSHERE the guy who finally does it. That stretch from 9:11 to 4:26 was one of the best runs I've seen, perhaps since Illinois erased that 15 point lead against Arizona in the sweet 16 game 2 years ago.

In case you missed it:


The point is, where was Dirk Nowtizki. He pulled a Joakim Noah. In the game that really matter he posted 2 fgs and had 10 rebounds. Need I remind you of Noah's stats in the championship game: 1 fg. 3 rebounds. And put a ratty goatee and unshaved look on top of a trimmed Noah and you're looking at Dirk. Yikes.

Golden State will now play either Houston or Utah. I'm picking Houston, and the Warriors could win that one too, considering Houston is 0-3 on the road against the Jazz. This could get interesting!

No comments: